Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend.

Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend. 5 years, 7 months ago #4768

• lucato
  • Senior Boarder
While we don't have the Tips and Trick forum section for AlphaRecommend, let's share it all here. ;0)

1) Editing .INI files:
If your language uses special characters such as á, é, ã, ç, ü, and etc, you can type it normally, but always save it as UTF-8 code. So, you can edit them into the notepad.exe (Windows) and when "saving as" you need to select the UTF-8 code. If you select SAVE, sometimes it can save the file as ANSI code or other and will mess the stuffs.

2) Invite email message:
In the e-mail body, how will I know or the system will knows what is the right place to place the member name or the site when we use the %s for all them (username, site, and link)? Does it have some order? How does it work?
Answer:
It is defined in the controler.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 171 you will find the order it is defined at: $body = sprintf( $msg, $SiteName, $sender, $link) . " \n" . $custommessage;

3) Email message body:
How to change the the sort when using the %s that always shows 1st the site name, username and link?
Answer:
As mentioned in the item above, tt is defined in the controler.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 171 you will find the order it is defined at: $body = sprintf( $msg, $SiteName, $sender, $link) . " \n" . $custommessage; So, you if you want to show for example the sender 1st, the site name and the link, just chage the sequence for it:
$msg, $sender, $SiteName, $link

4) Email subject (adding a sender name):
Nowadays everybody recieves a lot of spam, and to make our invite more trustful I'd like to put the username on the subject, so avoiding also the reciever to delete it right away without reading it, so how do I add the username in the subject?
Answer:
The subject text is changed in your language ini file (en-GB.com_alpharecommend.ini) at AR_YOUAREINVITEDON=, but it is also definied in the controler.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 140 you will find the order it is defined at:
$subject = JText::_'AR_YOUAREINVITEDON' ) . " " . $SiteName;

So, let's suppose you want to put in the subject the name of the inviter and the text, just replace the code at line 140 as it:
$subject = $sender . " " . JText::_( 'AR_YOUAREINVITEDON' ) . " " . $SiteName;

5) Email subject (removing the site name):
How do I remove the site name in the subject that is added right after my text inserted in the "AR_YOUAREINVITEDON=" in my language ini file?
Answer:
It is definied in the controler.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 140 you will find the variable $SiteName at: $subject = JText::_'AR_YOUAREINVITEDON' ) . " " . $SiteName; Just remove it (shown in red).

6) Customized message:
How to place the Customized message above the default message instead of below it?
Answer:
It is defined in the controllet.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 171 you will find the order it is defined at: $body = sprintf( $msg, $SiteName, $sender, $link) . " \n" . $custommessage; So, you can change it for example to:
$body = sprintf( $custommessage . " \n\n" . $msg, $sender, $SiteName, $link) ;

7) coming soon from somebody else or from myself... ;0)

Get 10 FREE credits for RF images click here.
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by lucato. Reason: Added item 1 and renumbered all others

Re:Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend. 5 years, 7 months ago #4778

• Bernard
  • Administrator
Thanks Lucato. Great submission on this forum.
More components on this site are free but...
Ever thought about giving something back?
Please make a donation if you want to support its continued development. Your donations help by hardware, hosting services and other expenses.

Re:Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend. 5 years, 7 months ago #4780

• lucato
  • Senior Boarder
You're welcome. It's my pleasure. Thank you for these amazing free extensions.

Get 10 FREE credits for RF images click here.
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by lucato.

Re: Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend. 3 years, 10 months ago #15035

• cyrik
  • Fresh Boarder
lucato wrote:
While we don't have the Tips and Trick forum section for AlphaRecommend, let's share it all here. ;0)

1) Editing .INI files:
If your language uses special characters such as á, é, ã, ç, ü, and etc, you can type it normally, but always save it as UTF-8 code. So, you can edit them into the notepad.exe (Windows) and when "saving as" you need to select the UTF-8 code. If you select SAVE, sometimes it can save the file as ANSI code or other and will mess the stuffs.

2) Invite email message:
In the e-mail body, how will I know or the system will knows what is the right place to place the member name or the site when we use the %s for all them (username, site, and link)? Does it have some order? How does it work?
Answer:
It is defined in the controler.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 171 you will find the order it is defined at: $body = sprintf( $msg, $SiteName, $sender, $link) . " \n" . $custommessage;

3) Email message body:
How to change the the sort when using the %s that always shows 1st the site name, username and link?
Answer:
As mentioned in the item above, tt is defined in the controler.php file at yoursite/com_alpharecommend. If you check the line 171 you will find the order it is defined at: $body = sprintf( $msg, $SiteName, $sender, $link) . " \n" . $custommessage; So, you if you want to show for example the sender 1st, the site name and the link, just chage the sequence for it:
$msg, $sender, $SiteName, $link

Guys I need a way to edit the invitation link that gets sent with the invite emails, but this posts seems outdated because I cannot locate the file you are talking about.
Could you please point me to the right direction? I just need to add a small string to the link that gets sent

Re: Tips and Tricks for AlphaRecommend. 3 years, 9 months ago #15209

• cyrik
  • Fresh Boarder
Bernard, please reply to my post: I need to modify the invitation link so as it includes the string "&a_aid=$username" ($username being a variable)

I really need your answer. Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds
Goto Top