Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8

Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8 1 year, 11 months ago #20518

• sandstorm871
  • Junior Boarder
  • Sandstorm
Hi I just upgrade a site from 1.5 to 2.5 and was then looking on how to move my points over to new 1.8.

All users are imported over to 2.5 site and most other components now working OK.

I just installed AUP1.8 and it was nice to see that it recognized that i had upgraded and asked If i want to migrate information over.
I hit the migrate button, but after checking all my users have 0 points in the new 1.8 version.

Is there a way to import /export users current points total from old site to new site?

Once this is fixed I will be purchasing some extra rules and its nice to see you now charge for these. I think I mentioned this a while ago to you. Hope everything's going well!

Thanks,
Andy
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

Re: Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8 1 year, 11 months ago #20520

• migus
  • OPEN THE BOX
Hi sandstorm871,
have you used JUpgrade for upgrade purpose?
It is the only way to correctly migrate AUP from Joomla!® 1.5.x to 2.5.x
Another (bad, long and require experience) way is to manually transfer points in db in table #__alpha_userpoints
"Altai Mountains - is a fairy tale!"

Re: Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8 1 year, 11 months ago #20555

• sandstorm871
  • Junior Boarder
  • Sandstorm
Hi Migus,

I did use jUpgrade.

Then when i installed AUP 1.8, after the install i got a message saying I could migrate information, so I migrated via the AUP migrate tool, but all my users are set at 0 points.

Now I'm this far, could I export/import a certain part of a db table in php my admin? or are the tables setup differently?

Andy
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

Re: Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8 1 year, 10 months ago #20580

• sandstorm871
  • Junior Boarder
  • Sandstorm
migus wrote:

Another (bad, long and require experience) way is to manually transfer points in db in table #__alpha_userpoints

Are these tables the same apart from the prefix?

Could I import export the whole table? i.e export from 1.5 site via phpmyadmin jos_alpha_userpoints

Then in J2.5 site drop j25_alpha_userpoints and import the backed up version from J1.5 site with the new prefix (I could change this in a text editor?)

Thanks
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

J1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8 - Migration Problems 1 year, 10 months ago #20640

• sandstorm871
  • Junior Boarder
  • Sandstorm
Apologies, I am not bumping this thread. I have just run out of ideas after trying everything.

I have upgraded in a test environment with jUpgrade and when i install AUP, I get a message saying that I can migrate and everything will migrate over.

After the migration I get a message as in the screenshot below, saying users and profiles are not imported.
Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 15.33.03.png

When I then visit AUP 1.8 I get a message saying that users need to be synced & after syncing and recalculating point all the users sync over, but 0 points for them ALL

I have noticed that in the new j25_alphauser_points there are the same number of member but all have different REFFERID's and that in J25_alphauser_details There are about 4000 records where before there where nearly 40000.

I have made sure that my J.1.5 version is upto date and all databse collation is the same, tables optimized and all OK.

I have uninstalled AUP1.8 and reinstalled to run the migration again.

I have tried to import a copy of jos_alphauser_points with the new j25_ prefix and the jos_alphauser_details, but these always fail when importing.

Please does anyone have any ideas or help for me?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

Re: J1.5 to J2.5 using AUP1.8 - Migration Problems 1 year, 10 months ago #20648

• Bernard
  • Administrator
Migration tool was added with version J1.6 then you must edit manually thhis file

administrator/components/com_alphauserpoints/install/migration_1.5.x.php

search all prefix table j16_ and replace with your new prefix.
More components on this site are free but...
Ever thought about giving something back?
Please make a donation if you want to support its continued development. Your donations help by hardware, hosting services and other expenses.
  • Page:
Moderators: adroussel, dalekurt, migus, some1new
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
Goto Top