Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Charge points per page load
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Charge points per page load

Charge points per page load 1 year, 7 months ago #20915

Hi,
I have developed an eLearning/LMS site through Joomla and the main content is based on embedded videos in standard Joomla articles.

Our main concern is that students may share a single login with each other so our revenue model will be void. For instance, if one person (or class) purchases a login then they could share it amongst themselves as login on multiple occasions.

To avoid this we have settled on using a credit-based system, where students will lose a credit each time a page is loaded with training content that is included. it didn't take long to settle on Alpha User points as the credit system, and we are also using AEC to control payments and credit pricing plans.

What we cannot do, is link the credits/points to a joomla article page load. we are looking to contract someone to assist us with this so that it is possible to reduce a logged-in user's credit points by one each time a particular page is loaded.

Rules as follows:
1. Normal website pages (not eLearning Content) will not deduct a credit. Only pages within a specific Joomla Article Category will be classed as "Credit-based".
2. If a user has no credits then a default page will display promoting the user to buy additional credits. This may be best achieved using AEC and/or Front End User access, but suggestions are also required here on the best course of action.
3. The plugin for Alpha User Points should be compatible with recent/current versions of Joomla (2.5.x & 3.x).

Can you please quote me for this body of work, and let me know your methodology and plan of attack?!?

Thanks,

Brendan

Re: Charge points per page load 1 year, 2 months ago #21583

• piersol
  • Fresh Boarder
Im sure you realized this by now, but adding a negative value to the read page rule that it will charge them to read the content. And i believe there is the restrict to category option for the upgraded plugin.

I am surprised no one has a method yet for the read article plugin to achieve "if points value = false, than redirect to url else load page" or something of that sort.

Ideas?
  • Page:
Moderators: adroussel, dalekurt, migus, some1new
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds
Goto Top