Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu

Re: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu 3 years, 1 month ago #17034

• Krxon
  • Fresh Boarder
When I disable either of two AC plugins, AC stops to work properly.
Eg. when I click on AC menu item it opens AZ index bar with directory structure as it should, but when any article title is clicked, it opens that article but without AC AZ index bar and AC breadcrumbs.

Re: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu 3 years ago #17039

• Deep Thought
  • Fresh Boarder
I also had this problem. After i set Force compatibility AlphaContent 4.0.15 on Yes at the System Plugin its solved!
Don´t Panic

Re: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu 3 years ago #17072

• Krxon
  • Fresh Boarder
Deep Thought wrote:
I also had this problem. After i set Force compatibility AlphaContent 4.0.15 on Yes at the System Plugin its solved!

What is solved?
Atm, for me most deal breaking issue with alphacontent is that when article is opened with AC, than refreshed, AC AZ index and breadcrumbs is lost. AC looses it's menuid.
So, visitors cannot comment (requires refreshing) article or visit related article (requires refreshing) without loosing AC navigation (AZ index and breadcrumbs) which is, after displaying directory structure, its most usable feature.

If that issue is fixed I will gladly donate, because only with those functions properly working I'm considering AC usable.

Also if someone knows component with similar functionality, please share, I already lost too much time trying to make AC work properly.

Regards

Re: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu 3 years ago #17082

• GMKids
  • Fresh Boarder
I still can't get it 100% working sadly.

The script has some fine points, no doubt about that, and for free it's remarkable.

Sadly the bugs mean it's not the script for my site and it doesn't seem like they're going to be solved. I am hoping to make something professional of my site so I can't have little slip ups now and then.

I'm looking to uninstall this script and use Jreviews Express instead. That just cost me £33 to purchase, but it has the features I need and it doesn't have the bugs.

My thanks to the author of this script, it was a good idea and I wish you well with it. I know I only donated a small amount, but if this ever picks up and works properly I may be back to use it and will donate more.

Thanks

Re: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu 3 years ago #17246

• Krxon
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi GMKids

JFYI, I ended with using Jreviews. It costed me some $$$, but now whatever I needed operational - it works, with some other bonuses.

Thanks for pointing me towards JR.

Regards

Re: Problem when navigating from an alphacontent menu 3 years ago #17247

• Bernard
  • Administrator
Have you set up the plugin system for AlphaContent in the plugins manager of Joomla ?
Works fine for "Deep Thought"
More components on this site are free but...
Ever thought about giving something back?
Please make a donation if you want to support its continued development. Your donations help by hardware, hosting services and other expenses.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Bernard.
Moderators: flyman1664
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds
Goto Top